Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Selling and Rotating

* Quick stock market update. I hadn't run my stock scans for a few days, but did last night. I got a sell signal on QQQQ and SMH as of monday's close. A lot of good that does a few days late? Well, my model tends to give about a week's worth of sell or buy signals before it happens. If it happens. So, I'm still fundamentally bullish on the market and economy, but I'm going to honor the sell signals by decreasing my beta or volatility. I sold all my go-go stocks this morning and just moved into the broad market index. If we keep advancing, so do I. If we tumble, I won't suffer as much in the diversified index as I would in the go-go stocks. Not advice, just keeping track of my emotions and thinking for future reference.

* Lunch? Tacos!

* It's raining here. The news folks say we normally get 1 day of rain in June. Well, it's raining. The good news is that it's another day of not running the A/C!

* Detroit or San Antonio? I'm pulling for the Spurs. I think they'll do it.

* If politicians remove the social security cap of $90K, do you know what that would mean for Tiger Woods? Assuming he pays both sides of the social security tax, that'd be 12.4%. He made $80 million last year. He'd have to write a check to Uncle Sam for approx $10 million. And that's above and beyond whatever else he's paying.

* The movie "Can't Buy Me Love" was on cable last night. I just love that movie.

* More after the taco fest...

blog comments powered by Disqus