Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dissin' (Megan) Fox

  • It always puzzles me when I hear that the Democrats do not want to debate on Fox.  Personally, I'd be on Fox in a heartbeat.
  • In a "What me, worry?" demeanor, the Fed is looking at the subprime woes being a small thing in the economy.  Well, except those going through it.  Hard-hearted and cruel? You could argue that. But the way that Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and his fellow members of the Federal Open Market Committee see things, they can't afford to mess up the rest of the U.S. economy in order to rescue the relatively small ranks of subprime borrowers. 
  • "You gotta harden your heart, swallow your tears..."
  • It was only a year ago that the Fed raised rates for the last time.  Since then, they haven't done anything.  Kind of an easy job.  How much does it pay?  Sure, there's the in-between jawboning.  But that's just some game that you folks do for grins and giggles, right?  Like Janet Yellen goes out and says, "Watch this, Ben!"  Talks up inflation, has a good laugh, and goes back to doing nothing.  Bunch-o-government workers!
  • So my thoughts on interest rates is status quo.  I don't think there is much inflation to worry about.  Higher energy prices have acted like a tax on consumers.  Higher interest rates and rising adjustable rate mortgages have increase monthly cash outflows and reduced discretionary spending.  I think a rate hike here would be dangerous and slow down an economy that doesn't need any slowing down here.  A rate cut?  I doubt it.  I think the Fed may be watching the tight labor market and wage pressures here, so I don't think they're in easing mode just yet.
  • Tonight's blog entry dedicated to the lovely Megan Fox (naked, nude, topless, Maxim, stripping, smoking, panties, oh my Lord).

blog comments powered by Disqus