Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Market Reversal Thoughts

  • I wanted to wait until after the market close to see if we had a reversal from the early morning selling. We got it.
  • Internals?  Well... Hmm.  Decliners lead advancers.  Not so good.  But up volume was better than down volume.  Better.  Volume was very high.  Nice on a reversal.
  • The theory of retesting the March lows still holds, and it looks as if we could muster a rally here.  We're also at the beginning of the month where new money is dollar-cost averaged into mutual funds.  Although, I bet mutual fund flows will show that investors were pulling money out of stocks most recently and investing in something else.  Folks do tend to make emotional moves at just the wrong time.
  • We shall see.
  • I remain 100% long.  Black Box has been on buy signals on most everything the past few.  (Of course, I've ridden this thing down from the 1400s.  Just being honest).
  • AAPL was up nice.  (Disclosure: Long).  Looks like there is some excitement about the 3G iPhone launch next week.  When I went in, I thought it might help buffer the stock.  It turned out to be a sell the news event initially, but AAPL is holding up okay.
  • AAPL released their pricing plan.  I guess I'll have to wait until I'm eligilble to upgrade to get the $199 deal.  That's fine.
  • I don't own Netflix (NFLX) stock, but I love the service.  Many do!  I only get the one-at-a-time service, but I also recently bought the Roku Netflix streamer or player.  I've been catching up on older movies.  For example, Lee Marvin in The Dirty Dozen.  LOL.

blog comments powered by Disqus