Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF - Pray for Texas

  • I'm watching Fox News as Hurricane Ike bears down on Texas.  Lets say a prayer for the people in Texas.  It's just wicked looking.
  • Why would folks stay in Galveston and ignore evacuation warnings?  Are they trying to pad the statistics?  Crazy.
  • Stock market continued to whip around ahead of options expiration week.  I haven't paid too much attention that last 2 days.
  • On the long-short model, I would note that I've tweaked it a bit to recognize extreme levels.  It's in the extreme area now with the long PSQ position.  The portfolio has made good money in PSQ during the sell off.  Yes, still just paper trading it.  But with the extremes, I'm going to take some profits in PSQ next week.
  • Well, work is crazy. Bosses are talking with folks and urging them to cancel vacations. We have so much work right now.  But with threats to employee's vacations and weekends, I think we'll have some turnover soon.