Thursday, January 29, 2015

Market Thoughts

It seems that the market has wanted to go down for awhile now, and only the periodic "more stimulus" press releases from central banks have created big rallies.  Look at how narrow stock leadership has been on the bounces.  While it's true that a rally is a rally is a rally, it's a bit unsettling to see "buying and holding" an index feels a lot like running in place these days. 


That being said, I am still long and diversified. I do have some cash and it is tempting to buy the dip. As usual.  
  • I thought $FB earnings were great.   I still think the Facebook will be one of those "I wish I would have bought it 10 years ago" kind of stocks. 
  • I also liked $LVS earnings. Las Vegas Sands also increased its dividend from $.50 to $.65.  That's a 30% increase! Try to get those returns on a Macau slot machine. 
  • Anyone else feeling a little suspicious about $BABA? Alibaba earnings numbers also bringing down $JD today. 
  • $AAPL is taking over the world. I wish I would have bought a ton of Apple prior to earnings.  Didn't we all know that everyone seems to have an iPhone 6 or 6 plus and that would translate to monster earnings?
I'm sitting here at $SBUX.  Starbucks is packed.  As usual. 

blog comments powered by Disqus