Monday, April 18, 2005

Advertising For Sale

* Advertising must be an art. The reason I say so, is that there are just some commercials I don't get. Much like art.

* Have you seen the Lexus commercial? You know, where the person is climbing through ice or whatever, and hits a start button. Is that a good commercial? I just don't like it.

* Oil down again, but stocks are having a tough time getting going. When you look at the DOW, some major stocks have been having problems. Of course, Citigroup and GE look good.

* Some local guy on the radio chatting about real estate, said it's the only place where you can make $4000-5000 a month pretty easily.

* TV shows? I finaly watched Tru Calling's premiere episode. I don't think Jason Priestly adds a thing. As a matter of fact, I think he detracts. I'm afraid that they've wrecked another show. Eliza Dushku does look like she dropped some weight from last season though.

* How about the VW Jetta commercial? The one where the kids are playing their music too loud, the downstairs neighbor complains, they hop in their Jetta to find a new place, and crank up the volume. I initially thought it was a commercial for an iPod.

* on Desperate Housewives, I don't like the character of Susan's (Terri Hatcher) Mom. The quicker she moves out, the better.

* Are you watching Revelation? I've recorded it, and will watch it later when they've all aired so I can zip through commercials.

* There are some commercials that are good and entertaining, but fail to make me remember their product. David Spade's the answer is always NO is a catchy phrase at my office, but can you remember the company he's promoting? What about the financial insitution commercial where the customer says "I want to trade on margin." and the guy answers, "You want to trade butter?" Cute.

* The movie Miracle was outstanding, and Kurt Russell did a great job.

* One of the signs of increasing housing speculation and that the public is paying attention, is the plethora of home improvement TV shows, real estate radio shows, and web sites talking about housing.

* Chris got the boot on The Apprentice, and well deserved. That car brochure was a disaster. While Kendra produced a great brochure, I'm not sure she did a good job leading her team. But, she's immune this week. So, two of my favorites in Tana and Craig could be on the line if their team loses.

* More on commercials later. What do you think?

blog comments powered by Disqus