Thursday, April 07, 2005

Drive

* Embedded in the purchase price of every GM car? $1500 for health insurance. $700 for pensions. File this under "Car companies don't provide benefits, they collect benefit premiums from consumers."

* (That was a play on the "companies don't pay taxes; they collect taxes" line!)

* A Dash of Onion Halts Bone Loss in Rats. This was concerning me, because I was noticing the increasing number of hunched over rats, with broken hips and fractured bones. I'm glad science has found a way to help the little buggers out. Note to self: Replace cheese in mouse traps with onions.

* (I use the Have a Heart mouse/rat traps, and release the little buggers in an empty field.)

* Also in the "are we really spending our research dollars wisely" department, High Blood Pressure Common in the Overweight. (I wonder what would happen if we tried the onion-thing with them.)

* Whatever happened to Peter Wolf?

* "Woohoo! We're number #1114!"

blog comments powered by Disqus