Thursday, April 14, 2005

Nadia? NOdia!

* Well, the bottom three last in American Idol were Nadia, Scott and Bo. Scott was safe. Granted, Bo's stock has fallen a bit lately, but there are worse singers still alive. (Ahem, Scott and Anthony). At least Nadia is gone.

* I'm still out of the news flow this week, out of town and such. Yes, I have seen the market come a tumblin' down. I'm still not too worried about it, though. Maybe I should be, but I think we're going higher. I haven't seen much news to explain the selling. Maybe tax selling for April 15th. Maybe some earnings misses. Maybe some fear about higher oil prices wearing on the economy. Always something to worry about, though.

* Looks like the Bankruptcy Bill is in.

* I did hear that United Airlines is going to try and unload their pension crisis on the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp (PBGC). Don't know specifics, just heard the topic discussed on a talk show. So this means folks expecting full benefits may see a cut. Down the road, do you think other companies could see the same thing happen? (Ahem, GM?). Does this make those of you with pensions start thinking about a Plan "B" just in case your company bails on you? And shouldn't there be some laws about this? Should companies be able to unload their pension obligations, then continue on doing their business?

* Boy, the Lakers are a bad team. Hooo.

* Apple stock falls on good revenues. But... Doesn't everybody who wants an iPod, already have an iPod? That might be the issue. I don't know. Stock prices tend to anticipate the future, not the past.

* I didn't think the movie Garden State was that great. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars. It was okay, but I wouldn't want to sit through it again.

* Speaking of being bad, have you tried to sit through a Saturday Night Live recently? Sheez.

* Alright, The Apprentice tonight, so get home from whatever you're doing early and have the popcorn at the ready...

blog comments powered by Disqus