Monday, April 25, 2005

Mondays Are Teh Suck!

(In edit, to change title to proper slang. Thanks, Breigh! Should've searched Google first!)

* No. I refused to watch "Locusts" last night. Even though Desperate Housewives was a best of recap, I chose to watch NBA playoffs. Oh, and I caught up on The Amazing Race.

* Did you see the movie Sin City? My oh my. That was some bizarre stuff. I had no idea what I was getting into when I walked into the theater, other than Jessica Alba as a stripper. Which may have been my second favorite part, next to hookers with machine guns mowin' down cops. Like I said... BIZARRE.

* Let me put some Visine in my eyes, because it looks to me like the arrows on Wall Street today are pointing up. Must be a mistake. I thought the plan was to go down down down down down down. Well, looking at the calendar, we are getting to the end of the month, and those 401(k) contributions will be kicking in shortly. Maybe shorts covering and waiting for the monthly strength cycle to end before reloading.

* Remember the other insects gone wild network movies like Ants and Killer Bees? Not sure of the titles for those, but basically the same story of "Man invades their territory, chaos ensues."

* Jessica Alba didn't get naked for Sin City. It was kind of like her Honey roll, playing Honey Daniels as a stripper, once the dance-coreography gig didn't pan out. If Quentin Tarantino wanted to have some fun, he could've made that character "Nancy" change her name to Honey Daniels instead of Cordelia. Not that he'd want to identify with that other movie, and probably not too many in the audience would've caught on, 'cept for us Jessica Alba junkies.

* The B-52's last CD wasn't their greatest, but I had always hoped that they'd come back and make another release. Not like the upcoming Def Leppard covers album. Although, hearing the B-52's do some covers might be interesting.

* Speaking of Desperate Housewives, doesn't the Eva Longoria character of Gabrielle Solis remind you of your worst relationships? I remember dating a girl who was like that. Broke my heart. So I did the same thing, which made me feel worse. I ended it. Forget that. I can't imagine having that kind of relationship where there is no trust. So even though Gabrielle is hot and wonderful to gawk at, I'd leave it at that. Hang a sign around her neck, "For gawking use only."

* I'm so busy, I have so much to do here at the Fun Factory. I'm just wiped. I need a mental health day or two off.

* Listening to Cool, by Gwen Stefani. I think I'll hit replay on this about 10 times. COOL. Great song.

* For goodness sakes, will somebody please tell the Senate to get off their collective behinds and vote YES on the energy bill? They say it'll save 100,000 barrels of oil a day. But the coolest part is extending daylight savings time by two months. I think it's a no brainer, but the Senate seems about game playing these days rather than doing their job. Losers. Flippin' losers.

*Too much talk of the housing bubble for it to happen? I mean, these things don't come pre-announced. But I wonder if what could be the catalyt is the next round of military base closures. When you think about it, that was a defining moment in the 90's that caused hardship in areas where bases were closed. Just a thought.

blog comments powered by Disqus