Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Dance Magic, Dance

You remind me of the babe
What babe? babe with the power
What power? power of voodoo
Who do? you do
Do what? remind me of the babe


David Bowie "Magic Dance"


* Lets start with the stock market? OK. When the trend changes from down to up, it usually catches a bunch of folks off-guard. The crowd is right during the middle of the trend, but misses the inflection points. When the market is in a trading range, this can be quite frustrating because there isn't much percentage in the middle for the crowd to hold on to.

* I think we've had a trend change, and now we're in the process of seeing bears convert to bulls, and frustrated investors on the sidelines waiting for dips to buy. We shall see, as it looks like we're getting a dip. (Sorta. Not much.)

* Generally, the week after options week tends to be negative, especially if options week was up. (And it was). We're still a little bit ahead of the end of month strength and the 3-day weekend strategy (more later), so maybe we won't get much of a dip as folks try to get in for these usually strong days.

* I don't have sell signals yet on my indicators, which is a good thing. They've been pretty accurate lately, but the buy signals work better than the sell signals.

* Enough on stocks for now...

* The season finale of 24 was on last night, and delivered a great ending to a fantastic season. Next 24 begins in January. Fortunately, I missed the first season, so the next edition of 24 will start pretty soon for me. As soon as I rejigger my Netflix queue!

* I haven't seen Star Wars yet. I might wait until it comes on IMAX.

* India to build Old-age home for tigers. Uh, who wants to change bedpans? Grrrrrowl.

* Season finale of American Idol... Bo or Carrie? It doesn't matter to me. They're both good. Usually I find myself rooting against somebody! Last year, I just hated Fantasia's voice.

* I guess butterflies migrate or something. There are like thousands of butterflies flying around here. And the poor buggers don't get enough lift to get out of the traffic lanes. I wish they'd fly a bit higher. Oh well, natural selection, right?

* US House votes to outlaw spyware. Thank goodness. But, much of the free stuff downloaded has disclosures and rules for use that includes spyware. It would also ban phishing!

* Well, interesting day at the Fun Factory. My coworker is long gone, I inherited his stuff, and scrambled yesterday to fix stuff. Looks like I found enough duct tape and Elmer's Glue to patch it up for now.

* The coffee store here was out of light roast, so I'm trying some funky flavored gunk. Hippity Hoopity or something. Don't you love the names roasters come up with?

* Be back...

blog comments powered by Disqus