Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Pleasure Palace

* So United Airlines is bailing on their pensions, throwing the ball over the fence to the PBGC. This does seem to be the corporate template, and the PBGC must be reeling at this point. The PBGC has a benefit cap, so I'm sure some UAL retirees are going to see some benefit cuts.

* I recorded both The Amazing Race and American Idol last night, so I have no idea what went on.

* Before the fun factory was the salt mine. Before the salt mine was... I'm not sure what I've called it in the past. How about the Pleasure Palace? Okay, so tonight one of my former coworkers at the Pleasure Palace is leaving, and there's a going away happy hour at a local pub. Of course, I don't know this guy that well, but I'm trying to see who else is going to be there. Sad thing is, this guy must not be that popular, because I can't find anybody I know who is planning on going. So...

* Need some coffee.

* Some knucklehead flies into the White House no-fly zone and creates a temporary panic and evacuation. Funny, Wall St. didn't react that much. Terrorism-Shmerrorism.

* Man, some Fun Factory clowns are clogging up the print queue.

* Gosh, more "I'm not able to make it" replies to the Pleasure Palace get together tonight. Geez, would that be sad if it was your going away party and nobody came? Maybe I'll go just so that somebody shows up. I can always leave early.

* The stock market? Well, it's the week prior to options expiration, and it looks like folks are taking their positions. Maybe we'll ramp for options week. Assuming there aren't any no fly zone violations, of course.

* Speaking of leaving, my coworker here at the Fun Factory is leaving and we're having a transition meeting in about 5 minutes.

* I spy your house!

blog comments powered by Disqus