Thursday, May 12, 2005

Tryptophan

* Every Thanksgiving, we're told that we'd feel sleepy over the long weekend for eating turkey. Turkey contains the amino acid tryptophan. OK, 'nuff said. But what do I blame for feeling sleepy when it's not Thanksgiving weekend?

* The stock market went down today. I know. I think pre-options week stuff, and since I'm already long, I had to look under the sofa cushions to find a few more nickels to throw in the market. (Also found some Cheerios and half an Oreo under there for snacking on later.)

* I know John Bolton isn't the same Bolton who plays the sax, but I can't get that connection out of my mind. Playin' sax with an attitude at the UN!

* YES! Anthony is gone! Phew! The best 3 are left.

* Do you watch that Stacked show after the American Idol results show? (Me neither).

* I think I'll blog later about the Pension Crisis coming. It's real. I think it'll be the biggest issue going forward, because lots of folks are steamrollin' towards retirement. Or so they think...

* Tonight, I'll be hunkered down watching The Apprentice finale. I'm such a slave to reality TV.

* Isn't that Britney Speers thing on TV soon? I'll pass on that. I do like watching some of the entertainment TV gossip shows, where you find out important trivia like Tom Cruise is dating Katie Holmes. At least you can hold a conversation with people. Can't sit there and talk about the stock market with most folks, you know. "My sentiment indicators are screaming buy, how about yours?" HUH???? "Uh, Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are together!" BETTER! More interesting, too. He's like 42, and she's 26. Geez. Uh, well maybe there's an idea in there somewhere for when I hit 42. Go, Tom, Go!

blog comments powered by Disqus