Wednesday, October 26, 2005

14 Innings

* So, Amazon stock (AMZN) was taken out to the woodshed today, down over 13%. Lets round up, and just call it 14%. My take? I just don't use Amazon the way I used to. I think brick and mortor shops have discounted books and became competitive. In addition, I'm reading more online via news sites and blogs. For another take on AMZN, read CrossingWallStreeet today.

* On the Amazing Race (Family Edition), I don't see what the big deal is about the bungee jump. If you're in a race, you just muster up the courage to do it. In the end, the Paolo family did it. And I'm kind of pulling for them at this point. I'm not sure why.

* Shout out to Fat Pitch Financials for the find that Morningstar is offering free access to their premium stock reports until October 30th. To be honest, I don't go to their website. Most brokerage firms have online access to more stock reports than you can shake a stick at, and all you have to do is open an account with them.

* Lisa Marie Presley isn't wanting for cash. Check out what footnoted.org found out!

* Wednesday... Game 4 or Lost? Now, Game 3 was fun to watch. 14 innings? My goodness. Phil Garner might need some anger management courses after this series. When Blum yanked the pitch out in the 14th off of Astacio, Garner hurled a chair against the wall. And he wasn't yelling "Booyah ski daddy" like Cramer does, this was frustration. I think Astacio's walking in a run was a bigger crime, though.

* What time did that game end, around 11:30pm PDT? So, I wonder if the East Cost folks were staying up to watch it?

blog comments powered by Disqus