Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Back to the Office

Tuesdays? The Amazing Race!

 
* The Houston Astros looked like they had that one sewed up, then WHAM BAM!

* I just checked the market, and it reminds me of pears. You know how you can set a ripe pear on the counter, when it's all nice and firm, and then come back a little later and it's soft and mushy? Yeah, like that. The market is like pears today.

* The Looney Liberal Left blames Karl Rove for everything. With all the news on Judith Miller or Harriet Miers going on, there was a bomb threat in Baltimore. The Looney Left claims that this was a set-up to take people's minds off of current events. SHEEZ. I'm surprised Liberal Astros fans aren't claiming Karl Rove placed The Call with 2-outs in the bottom of the ninth. "Look, we're having some trouble with Miller. Lets have a home run with two outs in the ninth, to extend the Cards-Astros series."

* "Hello, Commissioner Stern? David, this is Karl Rove. Look, we're (the Bush Administration) going to start those confirmation hearings on Harriet Miers in November. Now, if you're a 'team player,' we'd like you to schedule the start of the NBA season sometime in late October. Don't worry. It's all part of the plan."

* It's Amazing Race Night. FAMILY EDITION!

* So, I mentioned the reason I bought some MSFT was because of the XBOX 360 hype, right? Here's some from the Motley Fools. This one discusses the pre-orders.

* On the other side of the MSFT trade are folks who say that the XBOX just isn't enough of MSFT's business to make a difference in company earnings. Just being honest.

* I was thinking about the new Apple iPod that lets you watch videos on a 2.5" screen, and I was thinking, HMPPFH, "Why would I need that?" But the more I thought about it, can you imagine if you could pop the video iPod into your TV? I think that's the challenge for Blockbuster and eventually Netflix. If iPod or whoever creats some business model where you can grab content anywhere, and play it anywhere, I think that's a winner.

* Intel is carpet bombing the after hours trading. Earnings were ok, so I'm not sure what they said. Oh, I suppose I could research it on Yahoo. Later.

* Well, it's been quite a day here at the Fun Factory. I'm sure Karl Rove is responsible for my headache.

* It sure feels like the housing market has stalled. I sincerely hope that prices don't decline dramatically. Inventories of homes on the market has risen, and that's usually the warning sign. Lets hope a recession doesn't come and force folks to sell at any price. That'd be what starts the decline.

* What kind of Halloween candy do you buy? How many kids come to your door?

* So, I almost have a new site template ready. I didn't feel like taking the time to do a style sheet, so I just decided to used nested tables. I know that's so 1990's, but I didn't want to spend too much time on it. Tables also are filtered out in handheld web surfing utilities, so it makes portable reading easier.

blog comments powered by Disqus