Friday, October 14, 2005

Politics and Money


 

* President Bush?  You know, the Democrats are high-fiving each other on the blogs this week.  I haven't seen such high-fiving from them since early-early November 2004, when they thought Kerry was going to win.

* It's still early, but yes I'm feeling pretty good about my wednesday move to load up on QQQQ and SMH.   Now will I get cocky and play some Microsoft options?  I mean, I'm pretty darn sure the XBOX 360 is going to be hype-o-rama in November.  Maybe I could go out to January on 'em.  I dunno.   Maybe in the money ones, but you know the high-stakes dawg in me wants to get the out of the money ones.  You know it.  I know it.  President Bush and Karl Rove know it.

* Friday night TV is crappy.  Lets be honest about that.  At least the Angels-White Sox game was on.  There was no celebration by the ralley monkey tonight.

* I first started trading options in the 90's.  Unfortunately, my first few trades were huge winners.  It was like that first hit off the crack pipe.  You think, "Wow, this is it.  This is what I've been looking for."  So I quintupled my initial stake within 3 months.  Yeah.  Crazy.  It'd probably been better if my first few trades were mixed.  Some winners, some losers.  But I was playing earnings announcements, dividend dates, and stock splits with options, and for awhile, it worked.

* Later, of course my options strategy tanked.  Especially in 2000.   That account that I had run up to huge numbers ended up at.... Lets just say significantly less than a quintuple.  I'm still working for a living, in otherwords.

* Remember those guys who sang "I would walk 500 miles, and " I would do something else 500 times, and 500 times this and that and these other things.  I wonder what happened to those guys?

* Wheat Thins seem like they'd be a health food.  I don't think they are.  But they are crunchy.

* Comcast has 1 million video on-demand subscribers.  I can't think Blockbuster is going to last.  And I love Netflix, but you have to wonder how long it'll be before we're all just pointing and clicking instead of anything else.

blog comments powered by Disqus