Monday, October 31, 2005

Spookfest!


 

* Talk about spooky, the SF 49ers, Miami Dolphins, and Houston Texans all won yesterday.  What were the odds of that?

* I've prioritized my Halloween candy, by what I like the least. First out the door, Almond Joys.  Next, Three Muskateers.  Next, well here it gets tricky.  I think Milky Ways followed by peanut butter cups, then peanut M&M's.  And if the kids keep coming, I'll have to hand out the ones I like the most.  The Snickers, Baby Ruths, Twix and Kit Kats.  I'm expect over 100 kids.  Probably closer to 200.  I turn off the lights at 8:00pm.

* Last week turned out to be a pretty good week for Bush.  Only one indictment.  Miers withdraws.  And he appointed a well-received Bernanke.  With all the pessimism about Bush on BOTH sides, if he were the stock market, I might take the contrarian view and say that he's bottomed because of all the political capitulation, and may rally now.

* Alito is probably going to get in, as he is a Roberts-style nomination.  It'll be difficult for the Democrats to shoot him down on merit, so it'll come to a thumbs up vs thumbs down vote.

* The market continued to rally, as we're in the month-end strength cycle.  The good news is that we close above 1205, which was previous support.  I think that some of the seasonal investors will pile in the next few days, too.  Long and strong!  I think the SP500 will get to 1300 or higher.  These things happen quickly once the bears give up and chase the market higher.

* The bad news is that DELL just handed out tricks instead of treats after hours, so we'll see how that influences the tape tomorrow.

* Have a great night!

blog comments powered by Disqus