Thursday, October 27, 2005

Market Blahs

* Black gold! (Coal!). I'm all for more diversity in our power plants. I'd like to see more nuclear power, but that seems a non-starter. Coal is dirtier, but if we can build them, lets do it.

* Boy, the market was ugly today. And the semiconductors have really been ugly. Microsoft after the bell. Maybe that'll grease the skids (either way!). I'm still long everything, and bullish.

* Even though the World Series was a 4-game sweep, the games were very entertaining. But didn't you get the feeling in every game, that the White Sox were just the better team? Obviously, I suppose. Fun series, though.

* Take Two set to follow-up their Grand Theft Auto San Andreas with a new one. Hey, that was a great game. I'd have never found that sex scene without a cheat.

* Initial reaction to MSFT is negative. Stock selling off after releasing their earnings.

* Have you ever read CNBC's SquawkBlog? Becky Quick and Denim. Now that'll get somebody's attention.

* Are you following the fall of Chinese internet company BIDU? Hoo, I wonder how many folks are getting taken out to the woodshed on that one? Gary Kaltbaum said on his radio show awhile back, that he thinks it's going to $20.

* Michelle Malkin breathes a sigh of relief that Harriet Miers has withdrawn. Well, it was a strange pick by Bush. After the Bernanke pick, my guess is that the next pick for the Supreme Court will be a solid, slam dunk, candidate.

* Here's a story about catholic schools banning blogging.

* US Treasury Secretary John Snow says No Housing Bubble. I think the speculation is over, and that prices aren't going up like crazy anymore. I bet some folks who got in the speculation game late are sitting there, losing money month after month, waiting for their investments to appreciate by 20% every year. I think they're in for a shock. That strategy may not work out.

* I bought some peanuts in a shell, and brought them into work. That was probably a mistake. You should see my office. Looks like Section 101A at the ballpark. Peanut husks everywhere. Hahahha.

* I'm still aggressively long in the stock market. I thought last week looked like "the bottom" of this recent decline, and that we'd see another 10% in the SP500 by winter. Maybe up to 1300 or higher. I still think that, but after this week it sure doesn't feel like it.

blog comments powered by Disqus