Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dad: Two Years Later

It's been two years since my Dad passed away.  I still feel as if he's here.  That I could pick up the phone and call him.  Or, that I could drive down to LA and meet him for dinner.  When I see the Dodgers or Angels on TV, I think of sitting down behind the dugout at the game as a little kid. 

In recent nights, my father has been in my dreams again.  Just last night, it was a family trip to Disneyland.  I don't recall much of the dream except that at one point I was impatiently waiting for him to get out of the shower so that we could head down to Disneyland.  And the second thing I remember is walking around the park looking for him.  I accidentally got on a bus that took me out of the park, and I didn't have my hand stamped so I was unable to re-enter.

Eh, some crazy before bed snack or something. 

Late last year, I took some old family film in to have it converted to DVD.  (No rush on the order).  The guy called me today to say that it's ready.  It may include a trip or two to Disneyland.  I'm not sure how easy it'll be to sit through initially, but I'm looking forward to it.

Dad, I'm thinking of you.  Hope you're subscribing to my blog feed up in Heaven.  I also added a widget so that you can receive daily email updates. Assuming it gets by Heaven's filters and doesn't end up in the Spam folder.

Miss you, Elmo.  (Not his name, just what I called him as a rebellious teen).

blog comments powered by Disqus