Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No Recession Randomosity


  • President George Bush says we're not in a recession. And that's good enough for me!
  • Somebody update Investopedia with the new definition of a recession:  "We just ask George."
  • Well, after last week's gains, the market has had rough sledding so far this week.  I remain long.  According to my playbook, the week after options expiration tends to be weak if we've had a big options week rally.  And next week we have month-end strength!  That's just my playbook; actual results may vary.
  • Oh, the Fed meets again next week to cut interest rates for those keeping tabs.  Will it be .25 or .5?
  • From Todd Harrison at Minyanville"Are you getting bullish on upticks and bearish on downticks? If so, take a deep breath and a step back. Life ain't all cream puffs and powdered sugar."
  • I think we need a running score on how the PA vote is going.  A ticker for our desktops would be nice.  Could you imagine following baseball or football if "the results won't be known until tomorrow or maybe the day after?"
  • And what if the NFL draft is in a few days, but you know the results already?
  • Jake Long seemed at ease in his new role as the NFL's No. 1 draft pick, leaning into a news conference microphone to talk about his mean streak while his mother sat in the corner, nodding as she smiled. The Miami Dolphins were grinning Tuesday, too. They signed the Michigan left tackle to a five-year contract with $30 million guaranteed, and they'll select him with the top pick in the draft...
  • Something funky with the space-time continuum there, Captain.
  • Work sucks.
  • I search The Google news for dividend stocks, and the first six results are Motley Fool sites.  Can I search ex-Fool via the GOOG?  I don't want to read a column there that's just a soundbite for some subscription service they offer.  Just a GOOG advertising gimmick-click, I know.
  • I get a pack of mints, and eat them all in one sitting.  I don't think I could do that with creme puff or powdered sugar.

blog comments powered by Disqus