Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Randomosity

  • Stocks seem to be weathering the storm of news releases. I don't think they want to go down.  Maybe I'm thinking to myself on this one.  Or "hoping" to myself!  Things seem rather flat as I type. 
  • Today's financial news storm is Wachovia reducing their dividend and laying off folks.  But we know these kinds of things already.  Yeah, financial dividends are probably going to have to be reduced to shore up company earnings.
  • Will "engineered" ETFs spoil a good thing?  From CNN Money, "Wall Street is madly engineering new, supposedly innovative ETFs that are complicated, risky and more expensive - just the reverse of what ETFs are supposed to be."  My thought is that if one checks the volume on some of these special cocktail ETFs, the volume is pretty light.  If there's not much interest, they'll die on the vine over time.  JMHO.
  • Seizing moment, Hillary totes Bible to gun range.
  • Econ smackdown!  Volcker vs. Bernanke, from Greg Mankiw.
  • In the Worst Economy Since Hoover, there is a job opening somewhereThe NFL Network said Friday it was looking for a new play-by-play announcer to work with Cris Collinsworth on the network’s Thursday and Saturday night games.  Ah, the end of the Bryant Gumbel era.  Get your application in!
  • I don't like that Nutri Systems ad with the GET 'ER DONE guy.
  • So I went for a 20-mile bike ride on saturday.  Longest for awhile.  Due to knee issues, I didn't cycle much last year.  I'm not sure the knee issues are gone, but that's why God created Advil.  I'm trying for 30-miles tonight, weather permitting.   It's kind of cloudy and windy out there today.

blog comments powered by Disqus