Friday, November 14, 2008

iPhone, I Am

  • Downloading iPhone applications like crazy tonight. I'll give a review of what I like and don't like in the days ahead. There are thousands of apps, and I doubt I'll load 20-30 of them. But so far, I do recommend Firemail as a way to type in landscape mode when sending emails.
  • I still only have AC/DC's Black Ice on there, though. Oh, and two Motley Crue songs from their last CD. Saints of Los Angeles is one song. Not the greatest but I can't get that song out of my head.
  • Apple is very tight about opening up their iPhone. Everything has to go through the app store, unless you "jailbreak" your phone. Even trying to convert MP3 files to ringtones to load on the iPhone is an extreme chore. It's like, darn, who wants to jump through all these hoops? I guess I'll just take the default ring. I'd rather spend $.99 on Fiddle-Faddle than a 25-second ring tone.
  • Amidst the gloom and doom comes an optimistic view from video game makers. Videogame sales are expected to be strong this year and in 2009, despite the economic troubles that have hurt some retail stores that sell the games, industry executives said on Thursday.
  • The retail stores are also now competing with downloadable content on the consoles, handhelds, and now the iPhone and soon Android phones.
  • I do wish Apple would let bluetooth keyboards hook up with the iPhone.