Monday, March 02, 2009

Stockhouse

  • In this week's episode of Dollhouse, Eliza Dushku plays the role of US Treasury Secretary trying to sell the mortgage bailout and stimulus package to Americans, while showing lots of thigh. She'd probably do a better job than Timothy Geithner (not pictured).
  • Will the rich side-step Obama's tax hikes?  A 63-year-old attorney based in Lafayette, La., who asked not to benamed, told ABCNews.com that she plans to cut back on her business toget her annual income under the quarter million mark should the Obamatax plan be passed by Congress and become law.  ... “We are going to try to figure out how to make our income $249,999.00,” she said.  Ah, American ingenuity at work!  (h/t Michelle). 
  • I wonder how practical that is, though.    I could understand if one is self-employed and paying both sides of Social Security and Medicare, in addition to a high-state tax.  Once one is paying over 60% in taxes on that last dollar, maybe one will decide that they'd rather do something else than work for Uncle Sam.  Just saying.
  • Is it time for a 4-day workweek?
  • I'm not watching The Celebrity Apprentice this time around.  Last year was entertaining.  But I think I've had it.  Besides, Andrew Dice Clay and Dennis Rodman?  Is that the best they could do?  Are they "celebrities?"
  • TLoWe had a huge Crash Monday, yet there is golden silence as the boiled frogs finally stopped croaking “is this the bottom?” Finally. At last, equities have been given up for dead. R.I.P: The Death of Equities.
  • Boiled frogs?  She's right about the feeling that everyone seems to be throwing in the towel.  Most everyone, anyways.  It does feel rough out there, and I'm riding it down and for some reason, not too frustrated.  It is what it is, and I continue to do what I do.  Reallocate where my indicators tell me.  Dollar cost average in each month.  Etc.  We'll see how it plays out. Either it will or it won't.  Then I guess I'll just go back to the college days and get some roomies.  There's always a way to make things work out.