Monday, July 17, 2006

Ah Choo!

  • I've been sick the last few days. Feels like a cold. Very much in the respitory system.  Hit me a little friday night so I wondered if it was allergies or a cold.  Went downhill all saturday.  Sunday was the worst day.  I called in sick today, so I'm just home.  At least today I'm up out of bed.  Yesterday was major league sack time for most of the day.  Nothing worse than a summer cold, though. 
  • I just woke up, and the market has been open for 3 hours.  Doesn't seem like it's moving much.  I wonder if investors really care what's going on in Israel-Lebanon?  So far higher oil prices really haven't hurt consumers, other than they're spending less at the malls.  People still are driving like crazy, because they have to get from point A to point B.  Fuel prices aren't high enough to stop that.  But are they spending less at Starbucks and Cheesecake Factory?  Looks like it from the earnings numbers.
  • In the big picture, is anyone shocked that for the bazillionth time there is war in the Middle East between Israel and the Arabs?  Isn't this like a 5000 year war?  The weapons get more advanced each time, though.  I get this feeling that no matter what we do, we can't resolve a 5000-yr war. 

  • You know, I have this Derringer Live album.  It's actually an album, too.  (That means I haven't been able to play it for about 10 years since I don't have a record player).  So, Rick Derringer has been featured in a commercial for something (I can't remember what) that I see on CNBC way too frequently.  The only song I can remember from him is that Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo.  Looks like Derringer has been doing some producing since his hey day. 
  • Big tsunami down Indonesia way.  Holy smokes.
  • Well, I haven't been up for long... but I think I'm ready for a nap!

blog comments powered by Disqus