Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bernanke Summer Blast

I can't figure that Bernanke guy out, Muck. I'm glad he's on my side today, but where will he be tomorrow?

 
  • Ah, yes!  Ben Bernanke says something to give the market a reason to rally!  Now we all knew this was coming, right?  The market more oversold that it has ever been in the history of the world, not a single bull on the planet, everyone ready to go to World War III in the Middle East, and, er.... okay, I'm exaggerating a tad.  On a day where Yahoo gets hit with a katyusha rocket, it's surprising to see the Nasdaq rallying.  But maybe Yahoo is facing more competition than ever.  We all know about Google, and MySpace is now the leading internet site.  Throw in YouTube and soon a free AOL, and Yahoo isn't the only destination anymore.  It's still my home page, though...
  • Anyways, nice to see the rally.  Of course, we never know what the Fed Girls will say tomorrow.  And earnings and guidance will continue to guide us.
  • President Bush set to cast his first veto on the stem cell bill.  (Gee, why couldn't he veto prescriptions for seniors?)
  • Remember Dancing With the Stars finanlist Stacy Keibler?  (Hubba hubba).  Well, she landed a contract with DisneyUnder the pact, the former wrestler will star in a pilot for the studio or will join an existing Touchstone TV series.
  • So I'm already researching cell phones even though my current contract doesn't expire until early 2007.  I'm thinking I want something where I can use Slingbox and stream media.  WELL.  Why not orb?  Of course, I now see that Mark Cuban says that Broadband Video is Overrated.
  • Cuban also says The Internet is Boring.  He sounds a little bitter to me.  Maybe somebody ought to send him a Shaq jersey to cheer him up a bit... heheheheh.

blog comments powered by Disqus