Monday, July 10, 2006

I Miss Peter Sellers

I'm a little nervous about diving in this market, Muck.

 
  • The Pink Panther movie is one of the worst movies ever.  I'm talking about the Steve Martin version.  Holy smokes.  I knew it'd be bad.  It had horrible written all over it.  Even knowing this, I thought I'd watch it just to see if I'd enjoy the silliness of it all.  No.  I thought a few gags were funny.  But it was pretty bad. I miss Peter Sellers.
  • The markets?  Well..  The week before options expiration week tends to be weak, and maybe set up a buying opportunity ahead of options week.  Of course, we are starting earnings season so I'm hoping we see folks buy the news and get a summer rally going.  I remain long 100% with beta.  Tech.  Semis.  Etc.  We also have semicon west (I think) that could generate some news.  I'd like to see tech leading, but we're not seeing that today (so far).  Investors seem worried about all the external stuff, too.  North Korea.  Iran.  Iraq.  High fuel prices.
  • Lost "mi camisa" in Reno.  I didn't expect to win, and didn't lose more than planned.  So no harm.
  • Health news?  It's so confusing, it's amazing anyone can stick to a healthy program with the news changing so often.  This one says that calcium may help women fight middle-age spread.  I don't think there's a "trick" to it, if you ask me.  Just eat healthy and exercise.  And by healthy, I mean eat low-fat and high fiber.  Avoiding animal products is a plus, too.
  • I took the kayak out on a lake for awhile yesterday evening.  Kind of fun. Peaceful out on the water.  Relaxing.

blog comments powered by Disqus