Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Turnaround Tuesday

  • The market did a nice turnaround today and closed up. I like to see strength at the end of the day.  But tomorrow could be interesting.  Fed.  Earnings reports.  Etc.  Yes, I'm still long with beta.  Kind of boring with the market (SP500) seemingly in a trading range for the summer so far, but I'm not worried about it.
  • This just in...  Fruit and fiber the way to go to avoid obesity!  The overweight and obese subjects consumed more total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, and less carbohydrate, specifically dietary fiber and complex carbohydrate, than normal weight subjects.  So much for that low-carb crap.  I'm not sure why this is a shocker, though.  Gee, whole grains and fruit.  What a surprise.  Not.
  • I'm still a little under the weather, but came in to the Fun Factory today.  I think I'll last the whole day.  Initially thought maybe half a day, but heck I've made it this far.  Kind of slow today.  It's well over 100 degrees and people have shifted gears I think. 
  • I don't know what's going on with the job situation.  I called my former employer, the Salt Mine, back about their job offer.  I told them I wasn't interested.  Get this.  Today, when I came in to work I had a message from someone else asking for a job interview.  This one sounded interesting, so I'm meeting with them next week.  And before lunch, I ran into somebody I used to work with, and she asked me if I'd be interested in working for her company.  I don't know what's going on.  Either karma is telling me I need to change jobs, or else the economy is booming and companies are competing for workers.  That's all I can figure.
  • I'm still thinking about that Motorola Q as my next cell phone after the Treo...
  • While I was sick, I downloaded some software and was playing around with it.  Moho for animations.  And Xara for drawing pics.  I didn't have the patience yesterday to get past the 3rd tutorial with Moho, but it was kind of fun. 
  • I'm reading a story with the headline "Israel Pounds Lebanon" and I'm thinking that the heads of state talking to the media about these events should talk in their wrestling voices.  You know what I mean?  Flex their muscles and strain to get the words out. 

blog comments powered by Disqus