Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Late Day Liftage

  • Once again, the stock market seems to be doing the late show, staging a nice lift towards the end of the trading day. I don't know why some investors think we need a consolidation day after we've only had a day or two of up.  After all, trends are made by relentless grinding in one direction with only a day or two here and there in the opposite direction.  Instead of having an up day followed by a consolidation day, I much prefer a "drip drip drip" higher day after day.  Just blow through resistance and change people's opinions from bearish to bullish.  Why dilly dally around?
  • Both interviews went well yesterday.  We'll see if I get offered a job out of either of them.  I'm not sure if I'm interested, but since I'm contemplating them perhaps I am!  More money, for sure.
  • Burrito and a banana for lunch.  Or as Sesame Street might say, "Today's lunch brought to you by the letter 'B.'"
  • Bill Cara on Stagflation.  I dunno about that.  Inflation is low, GDP is still over 3%.  The Fed isn't growing the money supply, so there aren't more dollars chasing around fewer goods.  Folks are spending more on fuel and less on retail, so inventories are building on shelves.  I doubt retailers react to building inventories by raising prices.
  • Market now falling a bit here with under an hour to go. C'mon buyers!

blog comments powered by Disqus