Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday!

  • I'm going to have to quit interviewing for jobs. When I get an offer, I face a really tough decision on what to do next.  Out of the two interviews I had on tuesday, I received one job offer yesterday.  From a previous employer, so not sure how I feel about it.  Haven't given them an answer yet.
  • Speaking of wishy-washy, the market suddenly lost all strength, setting up an interesting trading day on friday.  We're at the end of the month and you know what that means!  That's right!  We'll all be dollar-cost averaging like a bunch of lemmings into our 401k plans over the next few days, probably lending some strength to the market.  Before we start the high-fives, we should be aware that we are now entering the Danger Zone:  August!  August is one of the worst months of the year for the market historically.  Lemmings beware!
  • Hey, maybe some of us burger flippers will get a raise.  House may vote to increase minimum wage!
  • Hey, pay attention:  Vegan diet reverses diabetes symptoms.  From personal experience, I can tell you that I lost a bunch of weight and my cholesterol, sugar, triglycerides, blood pressure, ETC dropped like a rock when I went low-fat vegan.  Lots of veggie sandwiches and bean-rice burritos for me. 
  • I can't believe how fast the day flew by.  I've been so busy here at the Fun Factory this week.  No time for any of the daily distractions.  One of my coworkers is out on jury duty, so in addition to keeping my team busy I'm trying to keep her folks moving forward.

blog comments powered by Disqus