Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Movies by Mail

Lets face it, we no longer have to know anything thanks to Google, so that frees up some work time that we used to spend researching things, to focus on the diversions. What kind of diversions? First, it was Amazon. Next, it was Ebay. And it's always been Yahoo.

But the online rage around here is selecting and rearranging your "movie preference" list. So many coworkers and friends are signing up for Netflix ($21 a month) and now Blockbuster ($19 a month), to have their movie rentals sent by mail, instead of having to drive to the store and rent one. Remember the days of browsing selections after work, and spending 30-45 minutes of your free time picking your movie? No longer, now you can spend that 30-45 minutes at your office instead! As long as you're sitting at your desk, you might as well have something fun to do, right?

The online rental companies send you 3 movies at a time, by the order that you rank them on your preference list. When you mail a movie back, they send you the next one on your list.

I'm convinced! Movies by mail? No brainer. Sign me up! Not only will I catch up on my movie watching, but now I have something to do for 30-45 minutes a day instead of working...

"Hmm, should 'Passion of the Christ' be ranked #7 or #11 on my list? I do want to see 'Mean Girls,' so maybe I should put that up around #4. Say, Tom Hanks had a couple films out I didn't see, I wonder if they're on DVD yet?"

blog comments powered by Disqus