Wednesday, April 06, 2011

How's Warren Buffett Doing?

warren buffettI don't own $BRK-A or $BRK-B, but I love reading about Warren Buffett.

To be honest, I don't invest with him (his stock) because at some point, the Oracle of Omaha is going to retire or step down. I don't want to be in the shares when that happens. I was also disillusioned with him in the 90's when he avoided tech stocks because he didn't "understand them," but looks like he was right about that as the tech sector was massacred a couple of times over the past decade.

I haven't run comparisons of his company shares versus $VTI to know whether or not he has added value to owning his shares. Wait. brb.

Okay, the internet is great. Buffett has beaten the SP500 by 6% from 2000-2011. Not bad.

But the man has an incredible story. I think there is a lot to learn from him when looking at individual companies and even to the market as a whole. Especially when looking at market valuation. As I linked, his record is pretty darn fantastic. The article says he made most of his gains over the SP500 in the early years, but he was ahead of the index the past 10 years. That wasn't easy.

Check out the links and enjoy.

(Update: Here's the link!)
***

Yes, still long the market in low-beta stuff. Which is doing fine. No complaints.

Finished week 8 of bodybuilding tonight. Feels good. A little weary, but going strong. Need to watch the diet, as I think the bodybuilding is increasing the appetite!

blog comments powered by Disqus