Monday, April 11, 2011

Time to Invest in Oil?

Invest in oilHow come the media says the time to invest in something is after a huge move in that something? Like oil.

Now you know I'm long oil. I think with the economy recovering and demand increasing, that oil is going higher. Add in a new middle east war or two, some protests in the same region, denial by the US government that we need more domestic energy supplies, and growing US debt and a falling dollar, I really do believe that we will pay higher and higher energy costs.

Until it creates a recession.

So, yeah. I think oil and oil companies are in a bull market. But they have been for awhile now. I think it's okay to invest in them, but expect pullbacks and consolidation of gains. And be prepared to take a small loss should the next recession hit.

blog comments powered by Disqus