Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Time to Avoid Tech Stocks?

Avoid techIf this is a correction, Time to avoid tech stocks?

The tech sector is a sector that now looks like it could lead on the downside in a market correction. It has lagged the rest of the market in the bounce-back rally, retracing only 50% of its decline from the mid-February top.

I've mentioned that I believe the market is in a trading range defines by the recent highs and the 6% correction low. Now, the market did exceed the highs by a little, but on low volume.

I've been in low beta stuff since I sold NDX type stuff on January 18th. Yes that was a bit premature, but it still feels right.

Is today a one day wonder? Is the reaction to Alcoa's earnings much ado about nothing? What about Japan?

We shall see.

I'm remaining in low beta stuff, some cash and some oil stuff.

The latter is getting hit today, too.

blog comments powered by Disqus