Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol and Lost...

  • First, kudos to ABC for placing a commercial during Lost right at 9:57pm last night.  This allowed me to flip over to Fox's American Idol for 2 minutes to watch the last 60 seconds of a horrible duet between Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee, and then see the winner announced. 
  • Congrats to Taylor Hicks.  Soul Patrol over McPheever.  I'd like to know what the final vote tallies were.  I have no idea what the entire 2 hour finale was like, but I did flip over a few times during Lost commercials.  What I saw wasn't pretty.  Pretty boring.
  • Lost was great.  We learned what happens when the button isn't pushed.  We learned why the plane crashed.  We learned what happened to Desmond.   Interesting cliffhanger.
  • Looks like we're getting our market bounce.  So we may officially have an official low in the correction to watch for potential retests down the road.  I wonder if folks who were anxious to short any bounce yesterday, are now back in bull mode?  I think the sentiment bias is still fairly bullish overall, and that will change by the time we're done with this correcting process. I'm not trading with a short-term horizon, more of an intermediate term.  So I'll miss bounces in this or that.  I still have some cash on the sidelines, a little in oil, and the rest in low-beta stock stuff.  The low-beta stuff has been going down with the market, but nowhere near as bad as tech/semis.

blog comments powered by Disqus