Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Black Tuesday

Well, it was off to the dentist this morning for me.  Felt like I was in the chair for hours as I had two teeth worked on.  The worst thing is sitting there with your mouth open and having what feels like fifteen fingers in there.  Oh, and then about a half-hour after you leave, the novacaine really kicks in and you're finally totally numb.  Just The numbness is finally starting to wear off.

  • The markets took a big dive today.  It wasn't pretty.  I'm still mostly in low-beta stuff which is going down but not as bad as the overall market and certainly nowhere as bad as the tech and semi stocks.  I have some cash on the sidelines.  And of course, I still have the oil.  Am I letting that trade turn into an investment?  Well, I'm still a little better than break-even in it, so no reason to panic out one way or another.
  • Watched The Apprentice last night.  Sean vs. Lee.  I don't know what the heck Lee was thinking when he picked that team.  Lenny?  Pepe?  The funniest part of the whole show was Trump asking George and Carolyn "Who was that guy?"  (I guess he was fired in week 2.)  Trump said "Did I really say 'Pepe, you're fired?'  I don't remember."  Lee is dropping the ball on the hockey charity.  He should've picked Charmaine at least.

  • So who did President Bush pick to replace Mr. Snow at the Treasury?  Why Mr. Heat of course!  Goldman Sachs chairman Henry "Heatmeiser" Paulson.  Global Warming activists immediately demonstrated against the nomination.
  • Some Netflix flicks over the weekend...  Walk the Line, the story of Johnny Cash. Hey, that was 5 stars IMHO.  Very good.   Memoirs of a Geisha was a little slow, but okay.  Kind of sad.

blog comments powered by Disqus