Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo

  • Cinco de Mayo already? I like it when May 5th comes on a friday. Did you have Mexican food for lunch?  I did, but then I do most everyday anyways...
  • Watched Kudlow's interview with President Bush.  Nothing new here.  I thought it was interesting towards the tail end when KLo asked Bush about the Flight 93 movie.  Bush agreed with KLo that the passengers aboard that flight fought the first battle of World War III (the war on terror).  I haven't seen it yet, but I bet it's a pretty powerful reminder of 9/11.
  • I keep thinking that eventually we'll (the free world) go to war against Iran.  It's really a question if we want to do it before they have nuclear weapons or after they have nuclear weapons.  Their leaders are completely insane, denying the holocaust and favoring "wiping Israel from the map."   I think tensions will increase as the days and weeks go on.

  • The market roared into the close today.  On CNBC, the talking heads immediately started their projections of where the the market is headed.  The DOW is closing in on the 2000 highs, and the "gurus" are now saying 13,000 here we come!  Looking at the Investor's Intelligence survey earlier this week, the number of bulls has decreased while the number of bears  has increased; but, I wonder how that'll look in the next survey?  Again, I'm not chasing beta here.  No thanks.  If we keep going higher, I will indeed underperform.
  • I have Jim Cramer on.  I don't see how he does all he does.  Radio show.  TV show.  Write columns for Realmoney.  Oh, and keep close tabs on pretty much every company in the Wilshire 5000.  He's standing atop his desk, sleeves rolled up, and yelling at the camera...
  • FRIDAY!

blog comments powered by Disqus