Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Market Snapshot

What's wrong with the Naz, Muckie?

 
  • The market?  Well...  The DOW and SP500 are at new highs while the Nasdaq languishes.  Tech and semis acting sluggish.  I checked with the Black Box last night, and it still doesn't like tech.  All of this is happening in the first week of the month, which is normally bullish as money hits 401(k) accounts.  So what does this mean starting thurs/fri?  Uh, well...  I think seasonality and the election cycle are something to keep an eye on.   I remain out of tech centric beta and am mostly in total market and low beta stuff, with some cash on the sidelines.
  • I bought a new digital camera today.  A Casio Exilim 8mp.  It replaces my Kodak "Boat Anchor" 2mp camera from around 1998.  It took good pictures, but it was time for an upgrade.  I just want a small pocket-size point and shoot with enough extras to play around with.  I've been looking at cameras for awhile, but with Dad's funeral et al coming up, I decided to get something new-fangled.
  • On 24...  Well, I missed most of last week's so I had to patch in the holes of the Homeland security chief helping out Jack and Chloe.  Chloe on the run, Jack at 20,000 feet, and Mrs. President Logan back on her meds.  It's such a crazy outlandish show, but so darn entertaining.  Only 4 hours left, so they're going to have to wrap it up.  Only time for a few more death-defying escapes and such...

blog comments powered by Disqus