Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Render unto Caesar

  • Remeber Richard Hatch?  He was the first Survivor winner, back on the island.  Sentenced to over 4 years for tax evasion.  I suppose this should be filed under "Render unto Caesar..."
  • Not much to say about the market.  I remain in low-beta holdings, a small position in oil, and some cash.  I think the seasonality or election year correction stuff is here and taking the market down.  I don't think the market will move in a straight line down, but I'm not that eager to try and catch the little bounces.  I think a better and more obvious buying point will come along sometime, and I'd rather save the beta-playing for then.  My Black Box gave a wink to MSFT last night, but I'm not taking any flyers on it at this point.  Of course, it was right about AMGN last week...
  • For more cereal box covers, keep an eye on Adam's Daily Options Report.  I forgot about Quisp.  I think the nastiest thing about those cereals is what they do to the color of the milk.  Looks like something straight out of Monty Burns' "nukular" power plant!
  • What did you think of the Paul Rodgers and Jimmy Page band "The Firm?"  Kind of a flop, no?  (I've got "Satisfaction Guaranteed" playing on my MP3 player as I type.  That one wasn't too bad.)
  • More Michelle Malkin up at Vent, with a video of her having a phone call with Karl Rove.  She's pretty witty.  Well, pretty and witty.
  • (Uh oh, this is when the liberal readers of my blog send me angry emails for "shilling" for Malkin.  For you, I'll ask if you've had a chance to read Larry Kudlow's take on "Rove on the Bush Economy."  Check it out, friends!  And update your blog subscriptions with KLo's new URL!)
  • Did you know the SMH (semiconductors ETF) was down 10% from its 52-week high?  Holy mackeral.  When it moves, it moves fast!

blog comments powered by Disqus