Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Black Box Buy Signal

  • The Black Box has a buy signal on the SMH and QQQQ tonight. A few other things as well.  I'm planning on rotating some cash and low-beta stuff back into the higher beta things tomorrow.  Yeah, taking me by a little surprise, too.  I didn't anticipate much for awhile. Of course, none of this is a recommendation. The Black Box isn't always right. And if not, feel free to make fun of me.
  • Hanging around the water cooler talking about reruns of The Unit just isn't the same as talking about the latest 24 or who should be voted off of American Idol.  Not that I've watched The Unit.  Yet.
  • The state of CA has tax revenues of $7 billion more than anticipated.  This state also has a structural budget deficit due to too much spending, and has covered this in past years by borrowing money.  So does the state want to use the $7 billion in "extra" tax revenues to cover some of that structrual deficit?  Nope.  They want to spend it on more stuff.  Gee, folks.  What happens if the economy goes into another bear market? 
  • Yeah. Buy signals.  Sheesh.  Feel kind of nervous about it, because I'm worried about the mid-term election year stuff, summer stuff, etc.  Eh, we'll try it.  I might close the oil trade at the same time.

blog comments powered by Disqus