Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Who Should be Voted Off?

  • We're down to the final 3 in American Idol, so there aren't any "bad" singers left.  After last night's songs, I think "The Hobbit" Elliott Yamin needs to be voted off the island.  He continues to bore my socks off.  I can't imagine buying his CD.  I think McPheever (Katharine McPhee) and Soul Patrol (Taylor Hicks) would both make great CDs if somebody was writing songs for them.  McPhee's rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was fantastic last night.  Taylor's songs all went well; the interaction with Paula was fun. He's a good entertainer.
  • The market?  Well, fears of inflation are roaring as the CPI was released early today.  Everyone is blaming this on fuel, but I doubt this is the case since we've had high energy prices for quite awhile without any impact to the core rate.  This may actually be the result of a tightening labor market and rising wages.  Just a thought!  But I'm sure this will drive President Bush's approval numbers into the negative.
  • The Black Box was status quo on the market last night, and continues to think we're in a downtrend.  It keeps telling me MSFT is a buy, but with the intermediate trend down, I think I'll pass on it for now.  So I remain in low-beta holdings, with a little in oil and some cash on the sidelines.  And I just checked my oil, and it's getting whooped to the downside now as apparantly we have too much of the stuff.  Perhaps the market is reacting to the Al Gore speech on the recent Saturday Night Live...

blog comments powered by Disqus