Friday, May 12, 2006

Cramer the Great

  • Lots of angst on financial blogs about Jim Cramer. I heard someone say that if one bought all his recommendations, the portfolio would look like a mutual fund.  Would it outperform the market index after commissions and taxes?  I have no idea, but it certainly would seem easier to just buy VTI.  But I guess that'd be less "fun."  I think Cramer is a great entertainer.  I listen to the radio show while out cycling or walking.
  • A few stocks that have my attention here are GILD and MSFT.  Seriously.  And check out AMGN, too.  The Black Box gave a buy on AMGN yesterday, and I wasn't looking at it.  Something to think about over the weekend for me.  I'm still thinking of the seasonal/election year cycles, so I might just sit it out for now.  I'll think about it.
  • Attending Dad's memorial service tomorrow.  Flying down to SoCal again.  I'm a little weekend weary from the last month of back-and-forths.  I was searching in vain for a pic of the guy.  I have one from when I was a kid and received a Polaroid camera for XMAS.  He was in the kitchen late at night in his PJs, making a snack of (probably) crackers and jam.  I snuck up on him and snapped a pic of him. 
  • I actually watched the Dodgers-Giants game tonight (while looking through old photos). Barry did squat.  To me, his records aren't that significant.  I'm just not that excited by the alleged juiced numbers.  Just makes them seem fake/artificial.

blog comments powered by Disqus