Thursday, September 07, 2006

Are Ya Yellow?

  • Stock market? We're going to find out if the bulls have enough courage to buy the dip or if they're nothing but yellow-bellied cowards like Marty McFly.  The week before options expiration tends to be a little weak, and maybe this is the pause that refreshes.  Of course, maybe this is the pause that takes us back down to the lows of the summer trading range, too.  Everyone does seem convinced that we're now getting the Sept-Oct swoon.  It's up to the bulls to prove 'em wrong.
  • The final hour of trading could tell the tale.  As a bull, I like to see the market moving up in the final hour.  OK, moving up all day long is nice, too.  But I think the big money makes their move at the end of the day and if we see them come in and buy I think it's a good sign for the market.
  • Notre Dame introduces its fans to inflationary spiral.  Look at how much it costs to say there for the weekend plus ticket prices!  Whoa Nellie!  I used to travel out of town to go see one big college game every year.  It's pretty fun.
  • Tony Blair is going to retire within the year.  I've really respected the way he's led England and stood fast with America against terrorism. 
  • Who scheduled a meeting?  Good grief.  I hope it's to go over week one fantasy match-ups, but I bet it's work related.

blog comments powered by Disqus