Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11

Five years ago on 9/11, I was watching CNBC in the morning as I was getting ready for work. By the time I tuned in the first plane had hit the World Trade Center.  Folks were pretty confused at what was happening.  CNBC was showing the the first plane in the tower as the second one came in.  I think then everyone realized we were under attack.  When I arrived at my office, the whole place was in shock.  Everyone had the news websites up and the radios on.  I think we all felt vulnerable.

I recorded and watched The Path to 9/11 last night.  ABC seems to have removed the political content that had partisans in an uproar.  The movie does a good job at showing the uprise in terrorism through the 90's and increasingly bold attacks.   The reason I wanted to watch is because I know there will be lots of debate this week about the movie, and I wanted to know what it was all about. 

blog comments powered by Disqus