Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Quick Hits

  • I've eaten tons of peanuts today. So many, that I'm wondering if in a previous life I was an elephant. 
  • The Top 9 Real Complaints by Bill Clinton about ABC's The Path to 9/11.
  • Major kudos to Barry Ritholz for this excellent column, Exotic Mortgage Brokers: The new boiler roomsHow did we go from a nation of fixed-rate loving mortgage holders to this sudden spike in toxic mortgage products? It turns out that hard pitching telemarketers, in the best boiler room fashion, have been jamming these products down the throat of unwary consumers.  I agree 110%.  I hope wages are going up enough, interest rates stay low enough, and energy prices are falling fast enough so that when the option ARMs readjust, folks can afford to stay in their homes.
  • Elephants are supposed to have great memories, and I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday. 
  • Over on Revshark's board on realmoney, Newt had the comment of the day talking about CNBC's Erin Burnett with Jim Cramer:  Erin Burnett looked pretty uncomfortable there. I thought she was going to break out the mace and give JJC a stutterin' pepper-spray booyah.
  • From The Shark Report... Is the market toppy?  Could this be a retest of the previous rally highs?
  • I'm not afraid of mice. 
  • So, one of the biggest election year issues for the 2006 Democrats is Wal-mart?  Always seemed like a bizarre horse to flog.  People love Wal-mart.
  • Mark Hulbert reflects on the stock market since 9/11.   ...the investment lesson of those attacks is that they had relatively little lasting impact.
  • Maybe I wasn't an elephant in a previous life after all.

blog comments powered by Disqus