Monday, January 10, 2005

Back in the Saddle

* Whenever I go on vacation, I can't wait to get back home. But, I don't look forward to going back to work.

* Lots of things happened in the stock market, and I really didn't pay attention. All I know is Intel is reporting tomorrow, and I usually play it. It's going to take a few days to get the feel back on the charts. Anyways, I'm in Intel. We shall see how that one plays out.

* Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston calling it quits. Jennifer says she's in the peak of her career, and I say HAHAHH! That sucker peaked YEARS AGO. How many sitcom stars do anything after their sitcom ends?

* Rain storms pounded LA while I was down there, although when the sun broke out it was nice.

* Living on the Southern California beach sounds great; until the storms come. Mudslides, waves, high tides, etc. If I were going to live on the beach, I'd rent. I wouldn't own a house on a hillside, either. What are those people thinking? I think there's some Biblical verse about not building your house on sand. Good idea there.

* Melissa Lee on CNBC? I'd like to see her in some Victoria Secret lingerie.

* Did you see the news reports in LA, about how people get stranded in storm drains? Look people! If it's raining out, stay the heck away from the storm drains!

* It's tough to be vegetarian on the road.

* No Los Angeles Angels merchandise to be found. But there is some lawsuit about the naming, so it may be awhile. Looks like they want to name the team, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. How is that going to fit on a ball cap? One local radio guy, had some ideas... Like Prince, they could just call themselves "The team formerly known as the Anaheim Angels formerly known as the California Angels formerly known as the Los Angeles Angels." Or, since Prince was "The Artist" for awhile, the Angels could be just "The Baseball Team."

* Sometimes, the news cameras are out there, and they have to film something. Even if nothing is happening. "This palm tree fell over about 20 minutes ago, knocking over this stop sign. You can see about 6 or 7 residents out of their homes, looking at the tree. That's it from here. Now back to the studio."

* Spring is on the way here. Bugs. Bugs are out. Rain and some sunshine, and out they come. Good grief!

blog comments powered by Disqus