Monday, January 03, 2005

The Hallway People

* Why do people who walk in hallways, walk very slowly and stop at the doorways/entries/exits, thus clogging up the hallway? What is it with the "hallway people?"

* The stock market ramped up, and then, ramped down. I went to CBS Marketwatch (the website), and looked at their predictions last night. One guy says that there are too many bulls. One guy says that there are too many bears. Too much bullishness where everyone is bearish, I guess. Guarded optimism? Enthusiastic pessimism? I have no idea. I think those columnists are fairly worthless, but I appreciate their efforts. I like to see what both sides are thinking...

* Is it just me, or is the Darwin Awards email being forwarded around the same one every year?

* Has anyone else noticed that Alyssa Milano talks without moving her jaw? Well, maybe just a little bit. I'm thinking if Charmed gets cancelled, she could be a ventriloquist.

* The "hallway people" always seem to be in front of me on the escalator, too. As soon as they reach the end of the escalator, instead of moving aside, they stop right at the exit, and look around trying to figure out which way to go.

* I don't watch Charmed, I just happen to be flippin' channels.

* I spilled coffee all over myself. Defective lid. I mean, what is that? I might as well just buy coffee-colored shirts and slacks.

* The movie Honey was on Starz last night, and I almost watched it. It'd be 2 hours of my life that I wouldn't get back. But, Jessica Alba is in it. I decided to skip it. Only because I might Netflix the DVD so I can see the special features. (Hey, it's Jessica Alba!) Maybe there will be a bonus feature, "dancing in her panties" or something.

* Whatever happened to Shannon Doherty, anyways? She left Charmed, because it was beneath her talents or something, right? So there's this Power of Three thing, where the witches have this special ability to combine their powers. Once Shannon left, it ruined that. But then, the script writers brought in Rose McGowen, as some sort of half-sister or something, and also better looking than the departing Shannon Doherty.

* I also seem to get behind the "hallway people" whenever I go to the pharmacy. They don't have their medical number handy. They have zero refills left on their prescriptions. The prescriptions come in smaller sizes then they claim they usually get. The copay is always higher than it's supposed to be. Etc.

* Another mad cow in Canada. Are you STILL eating red meat?

* My local movie critic rated Ocean's Twelve as a pretty good flick. Yet, my coworkers who saw it say it's a dud. Who to believe? Usually, I ignore the critics.

* Really, I don't watch Charmed. I don't think you're supposed to use your powers for personal gain, though. If I had special powers, that'd be a difficult rule to follow. I'd probably be one of the evil people the Charmed Ones would have to vanquish.

* I also seem to get behind the "hallway people" at ATMs. They're the ones with fifty transactions, can't find their ATM card, and haven't filled out their envelopes or anything before reaching the ATM. Sometimes, after a few minutes of trying to get everything all figured out, they'll turn around and say "I don't think this one is working."

blog comments powered by Disqus