Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

* Ooh, I picked a bad day to go to Subway for lunch. I forgot all the New Year's Resolutions on dietary changes. Long wait for my veggie sandwich today. Hopefully, by next week those folks will be back to the McDonald's drive-thrus where they belong!

* What happens when the outsourcees outsource?

* Market went down - especially gold and energy. Some speculate that a dollar rally would be tough on gold; and that a warm winter will be tough on energy demand. I don't know about the dollar rally idea, but it makes sense. I think it's still too early to sell winter short, don't you? Of course, I have a few oil stocks, so color me biased. And pass the sweater!

* I think sometimes folks go to Subway with all the intention of being healthy. But when the teenager behind the counter asks what kind of sandwich they'd like, all that comes out during that time of intense pressure is "Meatball sub. And throw a few veggies on it. Not those. Not those. Not those, either. And yes, extra cheese."

* Local politician Robert Matsui passed away. He was one of the good guys. Do a google search on him if you've never heard of him.

* President Bush tasking former Presidents Clinton and Bush to raise cash for the tsunami relief effort. They're asking Americans for help. You know, there are some great joke ideas running through my head. I supposed the topic is too dreary for fun, but I'll probably do it anyways. Later this week. Lets see how it plays out and if it's joke worthy.

* Regarding weight loss resolutions, my friend's sister told me she's 275 pounds. Every year, she has a resolution to lose weight. Starts out great, and then puts it all back on plus more. She says this year, her goal is to hit "The Big 300." Reverse psychology, she tells me. That way, she's sure to lose weight.

* Good grief, my wall calendar is 2004. I have no 2005 calendar.

* Well, I tried making hay on the anticipation of Supergen news, by buying calls on it last week. Check out SUPG now. I sold 'em at a loss. Lotto tickets going the way of, well, lotto tickets. Michael Douglass was wrong, greed doesn't work. Not this time.

blog comments powered by Disqus