Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Rising Sea Levels

* Here's an article where scientists are concerned about rising sea levels threatening island and coastal cities. Before anyone gets too upset, I'd first check with Gilligan, and make sure he's not just tying his fishing traps to the Professor's measuring stick, and moving it to deeper water. Fool me once, Gilligan!

* A great column on the Social Security crisis, and why it really starts in 2009 when the surplus begins to shrink and the government needs to raise more funds by taxes and/or cutting spending.

* OK, so Intel rocked afterhours. The big news was the increase in cap ex spending. That's a good thing for all the semiconductors. Last I checked, up 3% afterhours. I'm hoping for a rally through options week, so I haven't dumped the stock just yet.

* Did you see Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie, "The 6th Day?" Not a bad one. I'd rank it behind "Total Recall" and "True Lies," but definitely better than anything else he's done for a while.

* Should Dan Marino make the Hall of Fame?

* Something Peoplesoft workers have to look forward to... Oracle will announce Peoplesoft layoffs on friday! Ouch.

blog comments powered by Disqus