Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Mystic River

* All aboard! Earnings week! Options week! It's going to be a fun ride. I think we'll end up higher by the time this week is over. The big name tonight is Yahoo. (I'm long YHOO, for disclosure).

* Mystic River is a film critics loved. Yet, I found it a bit unsettling. The acting was fantastic, but the story a bit gloomy. To be honest, I'd rather see a brain-dead romantic comedy with lots of laughs and where the guy gets the girl in the end.

* Larry Kudlow has a great commentary up on Social Security privitization on his blog (link to the right).

* American Idol begins tonight with a 2-hour special! You know that in addition to those trying to make it on their voice, there will be William Hung wannabes trying their animated best to get the same kind of attention.

* The Peyton Manning story reads more and more like the Dan Marino story.

* The movie Honey was okay. It wasn't good or bad, but maybe entertaining enough. I only felt like I was wasting time going through the special features on the DVD. The deleted scenes seemed longer than the original movie!

* There's a Playstation 2 American Idol game. Personally, I'd toss it down the Mystic River. I have no idea what it's all about, and I don't plan on finding out. They make games out of pretty much any idea these days.

* What do you think of those Quizno's Baby Bob commercials? Yeah, yeah, yeah - talking baby. Yawn! I say BRING BACK THE SINGING RATS!

* As if you need to be told not to chew aspirin. (Just in case!)

* Boy, JDSU warning this morning. That company is a disaster, in my opinion. It was one of the stock bubble darlings in the late 90's. When the bubble burst in 2000, it went into a big death spiral. I wonder how many folks have been on the ride all he way down? That one has been like throwing money down the Mystic River.

blog comments powered by Disqus