Friday, January 14, 2005

Jessica Alba

* I broke down and Netflixed "Honey" for this weekend. Jessica Alba swivels and pops her way to the top in hip-hop dance flick Honey.

* The market? Friday's tend to move opposite the weekly trend. I think everyone is expecting some more selling ahead of a three-day weekend. But, next week is options week, which tend to be positive. Some big earnings next week, too. I'm adding Microsoft shares today. Keepin' on with the Earnings Theme over technical analysis right now. My stock scans aren't saying to buy anything, but I think MSFT will be good and I'm wondering about anymore dividend news from them. We shall see.

* Have you bought your George Bush 2005 Inauguration Cap yet?

* This sounds pretty suspenseful: Honey Daniels (Alba) dances in nightclubs; when she accidentally gets videotaped, a hip-hop video director spots her unique talent and hires her first as a dancer, then as a choreographer. But when he wants her body as much as her talent, how will she sustain her career?

* Kinja is pretty neat. Saves some time keeping track of all the blogs one follows. I put a link on the sidebar.

* One of the reasons stocks probably have lost some traction, are higher oil prices. Maybe the softer economic numbers, but then again that could keep the Fed at their "measured pace."

* Ooh la la! Alba's sexy gyrations are supposed to be more empowering than other dancers' sexy gyrations, while being no less titillating.

* Just checked my spam folder inbox, 600 entries. Just today! I didn't bother to check what they were. But I suspect the usual crud of herbal this, enhancing that, and naked co-eds. Maybe those phishing for dollars scams, too.

* "Honey" has bonus features! 16 deleted scenes! Outtakes! I don't see Alba Dancing In Her Panties, but maybe that's included in the outtakes or deleted scenes. Or even in the movie somewhere!

* I hate it when the spam filter doesn't work, and that slips into the regular in-box. I still don't open it, but then you have to go through the process of zappin' it. Eesh.

* Life at the Fun Factory has been very busy... I think I like it more than I did at the Salt Mine. I'm not sure.

blog comments powered by Disqus