Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fantasy Football

This is my Fantasy year, Muck!

 

* Fantasy football leagues are underway, and there was an article in my local newspaper that detailed the productivity losses resulting from lost work time. 

* The Fun Factory blocks fantasy sports content, but that doesn't mean we can't find other creative ways to sap our productivity.  One of my workers was printing out a recipe for a sauce for springrolls.  I found it on the printer and asked her if it was okay if I made a copy, because I might like to try this sauce out myself someday.  She seemed a little embarrassed.

* It's official.  George Bush is taking responsibility for the Federal response to Hurricane Katrina.  Uh, who else is supposed to?  In any case, certainly somebody needs to look into how events unfolded.  And I don't mean lefty or righty blogs full of insane people.  Instead, some commission needs to research how this event unfolded, and make recommendations on how to do crisis management in the future.

* The Dolphins beat the Broncos?  So, are all you Fantasy players dropping Daunte Culpepper and picking up Gus Frerotte?  (Uhhhhh....)  Culpepper looked BAD.

* What else should Bush take responsibility for?  Raiders losing to the Patriots?  An early end to the Summer (it's cooler here than usual)?  Bad movies in 2005?  That horrible INXS reality show?

* Speaking of TV, what are you looking forward to?  The new TV season is going to put a crimp in my exercise routing.  Early darkness already has shortened the workouts (or rushed them).

* Running back controversy in Pittsburgh?  You have Willie Parker emerge in week 1, but they have Duce Staley coming back and everybody knows The Bus (Jerome Bettis) is going to get the carries by the goal line. 

* I don't like to chew gum.  Seems overrated to me.

* In the newspaper article, boss-types recommend letting your workers have fantasy football time, because it helps with morale.  One guy commented that he only spends about an hour a week doing research.  I think he's on the conservative side with that time estimate, and it's probably more like an hour a day.  But still, at least he's not distracting others (from doing their fantasy research).

 

blog comments powered by Disqus